cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Break Crosshatching

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Break Crosshatching

Hi all, i have a problem, i have a dimension on a drawing that is placed within a cross hatched area & when i edit properties to tick the break crosshatching box, the text then appears with a box around it much the same as a basic dimension would appear would you select the display type "basic". Does anyone know how to remove this box so that just the hatch lines are broken around the text. Thanks John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
mmonteiro
4-Participant
(To:John.Pryal)

Break CrossHatching doesn't work in Creo2.

Not sure what Marco is experiencing but it works in Creo 2.0 M030. I am not getting a rectangle around the dimension either. I checked the PDF plot export and it too is correct.

xhatch_clearance.JPG

mmonteiro
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Sem+T%C3%ADtulo.jpg

It doesn't hide the inside rectangle.

Hi Marco. What version are you using? I wonder if it is bug with certain tolerance formats.

Can you report this to CS? If not, can you provide your config.pro and you .dtl file so I can see if I can reproduce it?

mmonteiro
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I am using Creo2 M030.

It works with the default Creo2 configs.

Thanks Marco. I received your configs also. I will test this under different conditions as well.

John or marco, have either of you reported this to customer support yet?

I went and created a cube in an absolute default PTC Creo 2 M030 config. There were no issues with placing the dimension directly inside the hatch and applying the break crosshatching.

I then created a new drawing and replaced the *.dtl with the one you messaged. I placed the view and show the dimension in the very same way and indeed I has a problem with the hatch removal. It did not display the different colors but the hatch was only broken slightly in a couple of places. I then changed the margin from .15 to 2 and all was normal. Then I changed the system colors with the dark version, and again, no issue.

The margin setting was a significant find as the system went from inch to mm in the detail update (text height is now "2" instead of "0.156250") So obviously the margin is not paying attention to the change in systems. Setting the margin to a proper millimeter value solved this. Plotting to PDF also worked as expected.

Marco, I might suggest you are dealing with a graphic card issue. Are the lines through the dimension plotting that way?

clear_xhatch.JPG

John posted this back in 2009 so I am not sure he can help with CS. I would be happy to report it if I could reproduce it. That is why I am thinking it is hardware related if it is not the margin setting. You can try changing your "graphics" setting in config.pro. I know that "fill areas" has always been one of the graphics problems PTC has been wrestling with.

graphics win32_gdi instead of opengl Not preferred but worth a quick test.

Hi guys,

Antonius, i never reported this to CS, i think it was a one time only problem, i have not had problems since. I am using Creo 2 also. I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but i just did some testing of my own & discovered that as well as changing the margin figure, the spacing of the cross hatch also effects the shape of the break around the text, the smaller the spacing, the more rectangular the break. Try it for yourselves.

Regards

John

Top Tags