cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Browsers

ddebenedictis
1-Newbie

Browsers

Does anyone have success with running Creo Parametric 2 or 3 on a browser other than IE ?

3 REPLIES 3

CP2 M180

WC10.0

I run mozilla while another associate runs chrome.

We do have one issue where I must used IE and it is a java / WC10.0 / IE issue.

The issue is when I wish to drag and drop a document (.pdf or .doc) to upload into WC then I am stuck (known limitation).

I just fire up IE (< version 10 and java < 7.7) in those instances and get the job done.

otherwise, it runs just fine

We seem to have the best results thus far using Firefox, MSIE is pretty good as well. Seems like if one browser chokes, my users will try in a different browser to get it to work. Very inefficient, but, as of yet I cannot find a browser that just works across the board with Creo and Windchill. Even the newest release of Firefox broke Creo due to the add-ons being unsigned. There is a workaround but adds more issues when trying to open drawings.We have found that old versions of Firefox are really good (like Vr. 28 and 29) but that brings in serious security concerns and the fact that trying to prevent updates happening can be a challenge.

In search of the perfect Windchill browser!

Don

Does anyone have issues now with Firefox. This post is old and there's been a lot of changes with Firefox. I can't seem to open any of the tools, e.g. Workflow template administrator. Anything java based doesn't work well with latest Firefox. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can configure with Firefox to get it to work properly with Windchill?

Top Tags