cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bulk Item Parameter Value Returns zero For All Type of Measures

Riaz7
5-Regular Member

Bulk Item Parameter Value Returns zero For All Type of Measures

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a bulk item for my panel. It's a simple concept, where I specify 2 parameter with the type "length measure" to calculate the area of my panel.

Problem is, parameter values always returns the value of zero in both parameter list and in the repeated region in the drawing. I tried searching for hours but no luck.

Bulk Item Edit Definition.png

Bulk Item Parameter Value Always 0.png

Please ASSIST! I'm using Creo 7.0.0.0

2 REPLIES 2
Riaz7
5-Regular Member
(To:Riaz7)

So I partially solved my problem.

Apparently, if you want the bulk item quantity to appear in your dwg table, only rpt.quantity will read the parameter "BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY" in your bulk item parameter.

Riaz7_1-1632984539109.png

However, if I try to link that value with any other "Report_Symbol" in my table, it will always return "0.000".

E.g in my bulk item relations file I have the parameters BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY = BOM_QTY equal each other, where:

BOM_REPORT QUANTITY = PANEL_LENGTH(specified in the length measure) * PANEL_WIDTH(specified in the length measure) / 1000^2

BOM_QTY parameter will always return 0.000, whereas rpt.qty will return the desired value.

Anyone has a workaround solution to this problem? I spent so much time (full working days) trying to figure out this problem, any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

pausob
18-Opal
(To:Riaz7)

This sounds like an issue caused by using part parameters instead of component parameters.  Note that bulk item parts are meant to be flexible so values for length and width parameters (defined via length measures) will always be 0 - until installed in an assembly, but more on that later.

I think BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY is a special parameter that is mapped to RPT.QTY behind the scenes automagically.  I suppose documentation is somewhat lacking, but have you looked at whether you can access the bulk item's parameters via the cparam keyword when forming you repeat region cells:

pausob_0-1633062529004.png

note how accessing the internal part parameter COMPUTED_QUANTITY in the bulk item part (via &asm.mbr.computed_quantity) does not make sense because there are 2 instances of this part in this assembly - so one should be used?  For bulk items, their parameters are I think automatically cloned into component parameters and accessible in that manner.

Top Tags