cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Bulk Item and its unit

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Bulk Item and its unit

Hi everybody

sometimes I use bulk item parts in assembly.

In the BOM table on drawing I see the BOM_REPORT QUANTITY parameter.

Is it possible to see, in the same table,

the Unit_quantity and the Unit

which are two characteristics of that parameter ?

Thanks a lot

Bye

Pier

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
14-Alexandrite
(To:pdiletti-2)

Ok, I did not read very well you question.

After a look to support, I found this : https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS122116&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=report%20unit&ProductFamily=Creo…

It says :

• To obtain the appropriate result, add the Bulk Item to an assembly and create a drawing which contains this assembly.
  • Create a table with a simple region and add the parameter &asm_mbr_ptc_unit_bom_report_quantity
  • Refresh the table

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
14-Alexandrite

Hi

When you edit the parameters of the bulk item, you can add the column "unit" to the table to see the units. By default the parameter "BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY" has no unit. If you right click on the parameter you can add a unit by selecting like below.

Here's what you can get ones it's done.

I suppose you can then call this in your bom table.

Thank you Raphal,

Yes, I added the unit on the Parameter panel, but the problem is just ...

how to recall this info on the BOM table on the drawing.

Bye

Pier

RaphMORIN
14-Alexandrite

Ok, I did not read very well you question.

After a look to support, I found this : https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS122116&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=report%20unit&ProductFamily=Creo…

It says :

• To obtain the appropriate result, add the Bulk Item to an assembly and create a drawing which contains this assembly.
  • Create a table with a simple region and add the parameter &asm_mbr_ptc_unit_bom_report_quantity
  • Refresh the table

Great , it works !

Thanks a lot ....

regards

Pier

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags