cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CAD Data Translation- CATIA V4 to Pro Engineer

HarikrishnanR
3-Visitor

CAD Data Translation- CATIA V4 to Pro Engineer

Dear All,

May I know do we have any direct database converter tool between CATIA V4 and Pro Engineer available in the market, by keeping all the model tree features in editable form and should able to create parametric drawings.

Best Regards,
Hari
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sharing knowledge is the way to immortality"- His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, you can use PTC Creo Interface for CATIA V4 (if you made changes in Catia you can apply this changes to your model in Creo): more information you can find here: Creo Elements/Pro Interface for CATIA II with ATB Overview

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thank you very much Mr. Vladimir!

May I know can use the same model tree of Catia file( all the features) and that features we can be edit in pro/e.

Thanks,

Hari

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Hari,

If you need to manage design in Creo (change/edit/remove shape in Creo) you can use PTC Creo Flexible Modeling Extension

It is much cheaper solution like PTC Creo Interface for CATIA V4

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hari

You are Welcome Hari,

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi,
I think it should not be unmentioned that the Flexible Modeling Extension will not give you a model tree with all the features to edit but instead allows you to manipulate the geometry directly.

Yes, you are right - thanks for your post Constantin

... here is main question - do you need to manage/modify shape with creo - or do you need to distribute information about feature from other CAD software?

I like Flexible modeling - I have free hand if I need to change any engineer design on my imported model.

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Valid question, Vladimir. In many cases direct modeling is propably sufficient.
Furthermore you will never get a 100% correctly feature translated model anyway, although engines like Core Technologies '3D Evolution' do a pretty good job. But the this quickly becomes a matter of costs.

The Direct modeling is really good if you need to suggest your design - and it is good if you do not know 3D CAD software.

If you need to manage your CAD model (imported models too), I prefer Creo Parametric with Flexible modeling.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Dear Hari,

It is better to try CAD translation softwares for conversion of file. To open Catia V4 in V5 you can use CatiaV4 to V5 Migration option which requires adittional liscense.

Thank you.

Regards,

Prakash R

Top Tags