cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

CREO 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts for Dimension

cruf
6-Contributor

CREO 4.0 Keyboard Shortcuts for Dimension

Creo 4 has a predefined keyboard shortcut for Dimension = D.

However this is set to work in "section" and "layout" modes.  I cannot seem to find a way to have it work in drawings to add a dimension. It seems like an obvious thing to do. does anyone know how to get the d shortcut to work in sketches AND drawings?

3 REPLIES 3
epxkle
5-Regular Member
(To:cruf)

u must setup yourself mapkey, and you'd better setup biliteral mapkey, not use single letter .or reference to my previous post.

BradMcBee
6-Contributor

File > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts; Category: All Modes; Show: All Commands; Filter Commands: dimension; Name column expand Drawing; Shortcut column type D in the Dimension row.

To verify the new shortcut, change to Show: Commands with assigned shortcuts. View the modes with D assigned to Dimension.

Click OK to save the change to your creo_parametric_customization.ui file.

sharmajikabeta
4-Participant

I'm pretty sure I saw that look from the instructors in my 4.0 training. They didn't do any live demonstrations but instead used edited video and refused to answer any questions until the end of the session. A lot of us were excited about the highlighted changes, but when the day came to start using it, we all felt like it was worse than 2.0. The additions were nice but were simple things that other software has used for years (and does better). What they didn't highlight was the slew of new problems we would be facing. I know it's a bug, but my latest issue has been with editing text in a drawing. Having to double tap delete or ctrl+c or ctrl+v to do what you want is annoying. What was worse was the delay in my inputs. I press A, nothing happens. I press A again and the first A shows up. I hit the right arrow key and the second A shows up. Then I hit enter and nothing happens, I hit enter again and it adds two lines. I hit the down arrow and one of those lines disappears. I click outside the text box and the missing line comes back. Hooray, they finally added a text box with live editing... that doesn't always work...
Top Tags