cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CREO drawing views: how to change from the american system to the european system?

vcarvalho
1-Newbie

CREO drawing views: how to change from the american system to the european system?

I would like to start expressing my drawing model views according the european system. Do you know how I can change from the american system to the european system?

Thank you

Vasco

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Change the detail drawing properties of the "projection_type" from default 3rd angle to 1st angle.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Change the detail drawing properties of the "projection_type" from default 3rd angle to 1st angle.

Thanks for tip Mark. True, but that will only change the projection type of an open drawing. My idea is to change that permanently so that I don´t have to do it every time I creat a new drawing. Hon can I do it?

Regards

Vasco

Change it in the Detail Configuration file (prodetail.dtl). This will probably be in your Common folder within the PTC program files. This is the file you can change many of these settings so they are the default settings in any new drawing.

Hello Vasco,

just a remark in addition to Mark's posts: The setting of the projection type affects only creation of new views. Existing views do not change with the setting (fortunately for most cases). Existing views are best moved manually to the opposite side of the parent view, if the projection type was wrong.

Please consider setting Mark's answer to "Correct Answer", if it solved your issue - and otherwise provide feedback, what is missing, so the answer can be refined.

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags