cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

CREO sheet metal bend deduction

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

CREO sheet metal bend deduction

One thing that I liked in my SolidWorks days, is the fact that I was able to make some tests in bending machine, and it was really easy to define bend deduction of a certain material and bend condition. And easier to input in solid works. In Creo we have k factor and y factor. I'm able to do some math and determine the k factor and y factor from the trials made in bending machine. It would be easier that CREO had this possibility also.

https://blogs.solidworks.com/tech/2014/10/understanding-bend-allowance-options-in-solidworks.html

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:T_F)

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In a sheet metal part, go to FILE - PREPARE. Bend allowance is the option you are looking for. If you hit "change" across from Bend Allowance, you can adjust the Y or K factor. You can also define bend tables if you have them already.

I used Pro/e (Creo) for years with a company that did our own internal manufacturing and we figured out our settings for our manufacturing processes and materials.

Set up your start part for sheet metal to your typical value and you'll only have to change it when you make parts with different material and/or different manufacturing methods.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

One thing that I liked in my SolidWorks days, is the fact that I was able to make some tests in bending machine, and it was really easy to define bend deduction of a certain material and bend condition. And easier to input in solid works. In Creo we have k factor and y factor. I'm able to do some math and determine the k factor and y factor from the trials made in bending machine. It would be easier that CREO had this possibility also.

https://blogs.solidworks.com/tech/2014/10/understanding-bend-allowance-options-in-solidworks.html

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo also has bend  tables if you bend multiple materials that will adjust the Y/K factor for you.

That SW article is just an explanation of bending nd is covered in any manufacturing engineering class on sheet metal design.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:BenLoosli)

See that bend deduction way in sw, is a more pratical approach than K or Y factor. It's just no an explanation, is a different way to achieve it, but in a more pratical way. Less maths on it.

Top Tags