cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CREO3-M130 PATTERNS BY REFERENCE

ldrutel
11-Garnet

CREO3-M130 PATTERNS BY REFERENCE

Hello all users

I use CREO3 M130 and i have some problems with the patterns functions.

In this sample i have do different holes by patterns (dimension, axis, points and direction). In the assy a would use the pattern function by reference only.

1) Firts, for th part 2 (Washer) is it possible only for the pattern 1 and 3 not for the 2 and 4 Why ?

2) Second, i would like assembly the part 3 (Screw) on the washer and use the pattern by reference too. And in all the situations, not working.CREO3-M130 - PATTERNS.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor
(To:ldrutel)

Change constraints for washers and screws from axis-axis to cylinder-cylinder. In this way all patterns works.

Great , his solution resolve the first point. Now i can pattern the all the washers by reference.

But, for the screw, i have change also the assy axis/axis by Cylinder screw/Cylinder washer and the pattern reference not work. It work if i assy the screw : Cylinder screw/Cylinder part1 and gap Surface screw/Surface part1 but this solution is not really the best.

VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor

I just changed constrains for screws from (screw axis)/(washer axis) to (screw cyl)/(washer cyl)Capture.PNG

I have do this modification of constraint with your first post but it seem this no work yet.

Perhapse a variable in configuration in the config.pro must be change ? It seem that the references are not transfert between the child (washer) and the screw for the pattern by reference.

Sans titre.jpgSans titre2.jpg

ldrutel
11-Garnet

To add a example of my problem: In this same of assembly create with CREO2, i have 2 same assembly.

I have take this assembly with CREO3 BUT on the left i have no touch the definition of the pattern and then all is good, and on the right i have take the pattern function for redefinition and now, we can see that the result is not the same. The pattern function don't crash but all the instance are on the same place.

Sans titre2.jpgSans titre3.jpg

VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor

You simply selected wrong reference for constrain, compare with axial constrain on left side.

Thank you Vitomic for your help but i think i don't understand (english is not my first language) what you mean. Can you send your result as shown below ?

Sans titre4.jpg

VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor

Unfortunately I have only free version of Creo and I can't send you the file.

Simply, change constraints for every component which is not patterned as it should from axis/axis to surf/surf:

edit.png

Old constraint:

old.PNG

New constraint:

new.PNG

I use an old version of Creo 2.0 (M040) on a regular basis.

I find that the reference patterns are particularly problematic at both part and assembly levels.

Some I've reported and have received SPR's.

I also use Creo 3.0 and it also has similar issues with reference patterns.

In general, I avoid reference patterns unless they are straight forward.

At the assembly level, I use the following technique:

Hardware sets are related to each other where only one of the "set" (washer, lockwasher, nut for instance) is bound to the assembly.  In this case, it would likely be the 1st component in the stack, the washer.

Creo is not Solidworks (not that you are implying so...).  Solidworks is forgiving for some of this kind of logic where Creo is painfully adherent to strict constraint rules.  However, Creo is also a lot more powerful in selecting references and managing these assembly constraints.  This tight adherence really shines in Pro|Programming functions for configurable development efforts.  If using a reference pattern reliably is important to me, I will manage it with relations instead.

Top Tags