cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CSYS Transform Measurement Tool

cwu-2
1-Newbie

CSYS Transform Measurement Tool

Hi CREO Modeling Forum,

I am trying to understand the CREO CSYS Transform tool and how to use it.

If I meaure two CSY within an assembly i get a 3X3 rotational matrix and a 4X1 translation matrix.

However, if I use these matrices to recreate a CSY, how come I am not landing on the same spot?

For example, I select Zemax CSY and then Clip A CSY.  I get the tables below.

Then i try to recreate the CSY using the table in each option (Cartesian, Spherical, Cylindrical) and i'm not landing on the same spot?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:cwu-2)

Hi,

I think 3 values in 4th column define translation from ZEMAX csys origin in Cartesian coordinates XYZ of ZEMAX csys.

MH

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:cwu-2)

When measuring, click on the blue "i" and save a copy to your desktop.  When creating, select from file and find the saved file.  This will insure all of the values are entered correctly.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags