cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cable Length Different when bundled

AH_10565398
9-Granite

Cable Length Different when bundled

Some of our harnesses in the real world are coming out longer than the dimensioned drawing shows when bundled.

I measured in Creo.  If I measure the lengths of the individual segments, I get 350mm.  If i measure the overal wire, I get 379.  That's over an inch of difference.

Any help would be appreciated on how to alleviate this.

Creo 9.0.3

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was measuring my model wrong.  Creo definately takes the wire length from the centerline of the bundle when bundled.  It turns out that my manfuacturing flat had an issue where the bundles at junctions weren't aligning for some reason, and it was throwing my lengths off.  I redid my model using branch bundles and that seems  to have resolved my issues.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AH_10565398)

How complicated is the routed wire path? Can you share a picture?

How close to the Creo bundled plan is the actual manufacturing of the bundle?

Is there any offset of the measured wire in the bundle? What I mean is if you have it on one side in the bundle and manufacturing put it on the other side, does this change the length required?

I was measuring my model wrong.  Creo definately takes the wire length from the centerline of the bundle when bundled.  It turns out that my manfuacturing flat had an issue where the bundles at junctions weren't aligning for some reason, and it was throwing my lengths off.  I redid my model using branch bundles and that seems  to have resolved my issues.  Thanks!

This isn't my area of expertise, but is the bundle twisted? Is it possible you are getting more length because the wire in the bundle spirals around the rest of the harness?

I am thinking of examples like this:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Creo-Parametric-Community-Challenge-5-Curves-and-Sweeps/td-p/933279 

I told the other guy, but figured I'd post for your info down here as well!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags