cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Cable bundle wire exit orientation.

ddelegianis
3-Visitor

Cable bundle wire exit orientation.

Is there a way to control the orientation of wires that exit a bundle? I can't tell what is controlling the end of the bundle that makes the wires exit in a certain direction.

ddelegianis_0-1681413039293.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:ddelegianis)

Hi,

I believe that the round bundle cut surface is always perpendicular to the wires exiting the bundle and
I  assume that you are using network to create the cables and bundles.

You can use network to determine the direction where the cable should exit from the bundle end. If you have wires going all around then it may be difficult to get a specific wire to follow certain network path. You can always manually route the wire to follow the network.

Here you can see an example how the wires exit the bundle and turn fairly fast to the direction determined by the network.

Lars_F_0-1681716006012.jpeg

Green dashed line show the network paths.

Lars_F_1-1681716035196.jpeg

If you want a sharper corner for your wire exits then you can use a bundle branch. Here you can see how the branch exits the bundle in a tighter angle than what the network path shows (same cable as above but different bundling).

Lars_F_2-1681716160126.jpeg

Here is the same image where you can see the dashed network again... and how the bundle branch line doesn't follow the network but turns out in a sharper angle.

Lars_F_3-1681716200019.jpeg

Br,

Lars

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:ddelegianis)

Hi,

I believe that the round bundle cut surface is always perpendicular to the wires exiting the bundle and
I  assume that you are using network to create the cables and bundles.

You can use network to determine the direction where the cable should exit from the bundle end. If you have wires going all around then it may be difficult to get a specific wire to follow certain network path. You can always manually route the wire to follow the network.

Here you can see an example how the wires exit the bundle and turn fairly fast to the direction determined by the network.

Lars_F_0-1681716006012.jpeg

Green dashed line show the network paths.

Lars_F_1-1681716035196.jpeg

If you want a sharper corner for your wire exits then you can use a bundle branch. Here you can see how the branch exits the bundle in a tighter angle than what the network path shows (same cable as above but different bundling).

Lars_F_2-1681716160126.jpeg

Here is the same image where you can see the dashed network again... and how the bundle branch line doesn't follow the network but turns out in a sharper angle.

Lars_F_3-1681716200019.jpeg

Br,

Lars

Thanks! Lots of good information here. Self-taught Creo harness up to this point. Will need to investigate networks. Thanks for the timely response.

Cheers,

Dino

Top Tags