cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Cable database

mlebens
6-Contributor

Cable database

Hello there,

Has anybody experience in setting up a cable database to use in Creo 2.0

All info is welcome

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I'd love this too please!

Mark

Try www.virtual-interconnect.co.uk they have a cabling database

CW3R
1-Newbie
(To:mlebens)

I know this thread is a little old but I just read it and wanted to comment. Jim's suggestion of virtual-interconnect seems to be the only viable provider for Creo compatible catalogs (cables, connectors and components). You may have learned by now that the prices are high. In my recent experience the items I use on a regular basis were not included in the package purchased by my company. Therefore I have been working on our own catalog. Now let me respond to the original question of how to set up a cable database. First of all, I think the term database is not correct and I feel PTC needs an enhancement to make the Creo Schematic catalog integrate with Windchill. Then it would be a database. For now, the Catalog can reside on any shared folder (preferably a secure server with controlled read write access). Set the location using the Admin>Catalog> select Dependent and browse folder for Central Catalog and Temporary submissions. New cables or connectors created in a design can be submitted to the temporary submissions folder from the Catalog Explorer. To reuse and share the new items, they can simply be cut and pasted to the appropriate folder in the Central Catalog using Windows Explorer.

Capture.JPG

Keep in mind, the selection of the Catalog References (Dependent location/Path) is only allowed in an open design. This is I feel is reason for another PTC enhancement to allow the Catalog References to be set as a global user option that would load or link when the application launches and not just design dependent.

I hope this helps.

You can either create your data tables in excel or buy a data table creator from either Virtual Interconnect or Routed Systems Deluxe. In either case you still need to enter your own data with regard to the cables and wire being used. I imagine there are databases for sale not sure on that. I use Excel and create three csv files for cables. A top level file that references a mm.csv, and dt.csv. The dt.csv describes the individual wire that makes up the cable and the mm.csv, maps the sequence or order of the wire that makes up the cable and refences the dt.csv. for property information. For training on this subject I recommend some outside trainers in paticular Cedel Solutions.

Top Tags