cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cabling - bundles and cable segments

Constantin
13-Aquamarine

Cabling - bundles and cable segments

Hi all,
I have the situation that after creating and deleting a bundle I am left with new cable segments (one in each cable where the budle previously was), which leaves me with three segments per cable.

The segmentation sometimes leads to unwanted effects when moving location points.
The use case is to lengthen or shorten the bundle sleeve. This creates new segments each time.

Is there a way to go back to the original state (one segment, or join segments into one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:Constantin)

Hi,

You can add and extract wires to or from the bundle with the MOD BUNDLE-command. You can also move the network point location where the bundle ends.

On this image the network location is on a line so I can only slide the location along that line

Lars_F_0-1685023082673.png

MOD BUNDLE - command to extract and add wires to bundle.

Lars_F_1-1685023165959.png

Assuming...
-You have a network set up for the cable
-Your wiring is not too complex
-Some wires sometimes go haywire

I would just delete the broken wires and route the cables again.

Fixing a complex cable with lot of edits after initial routing may be more challenging

Br,

Lars

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:Constantin)

Hi,

You can add and extract wires to or from the bundle with the MOD BUNDLE-command. You can also move the network point location where the bundle ends.

On this image the network location is on a line so I can only slide the location along that line

Lars_F_0-1685023082673.png

MOD BUNDLE - command to extract and add wires to bundle.

Lars_F_1-1685023165959.png

Assuming...
-You have a network set up for the cable
-Your wiring is not too complex
-Some wires sometimes go haywire

I would just delete the broken wires and route the cables again.

Fixing a complex cable with lot of edits after initial routing may be more challenging

Br,

Lars
Top Tags