cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cabling- connector pin name

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member

Cabling- connector pin name

I am working on a harness drawing and on my table for pin to pin connections, I have parameters "&harn.run.cond.from.pin.name" & "&harn.run.cond.to.pin.name". At the moment these values are not populated in the table.

1) Where can I access the values corresponding to these parameters?

2) How do I edit these values?

All I need for my table is to view the from and to connector pins.

(Using Creo 8.0.4.0)

VV_10305718_0-1670505351873.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:Lars_F)

Hi,

I was trying to edit the pin_name itself. Found a solution for it: in the cabling environment, select cabling parameter for the connector, add a column for NUM_OF_PINS and add a value for the number of pins in that particular connector. This would provide access to the pin menu display. Under pin display, add a column for ENTRY_PORT and select the pin name from the drop-down. This is the value that would be populated in the pin table for the parameters "&harn.run.cond.from.pin.name" & "&harn.run.cond.to.pin.name"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:VV_10305718)

Hello,

1) These values automatically updates from your harness part... After you have created and routed the harness i.e.

-"Create Harness" -> yourharness.prt

-Route cables

And for the table you have to select the harness part (Repeat Region -> Model/Rep).

2) Later you can edit your harness part (yourharness.prt) and the table updates automatically when the drawing is refreshed.

The parameters used on the image below are (same as you have)

From - &harn.run.from.conn.name
Pin - &harn.run.cond.from.pin.name

To - &harn.run.cond.to.conn.name
Pin - &harn.run.cond.to.pin.name

from_to_demo.png

Br Lars

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:Lars_F)

Hi,

I was trying to edit the pin_name itself. Found a solution for it: in the cabling environment, select cabling parameter for the connector, add a column for NUM_OF_PINS and add a value for the number of pins in that particular connector. This would provide access to the pin menu display. Under pin display, add a column for ENTRY_PORT and select the pin name from the drop-down. This is the value that would be populated in the pin table for the parameters "&harn.run.cond.from.pin.name" & "&harn.run.cond.to.pin.name"

Top Tags