cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cabling wire with housing and crimp contacts

PI_6131154
8-Gravel

Cabling wire with housing and crimp contacts

Hello!

I have the problem to understand how can I do a rooting and manufacture drawing of the wiring with:

2x housing, 2 wires, 4 crimp contacts.

Even I do the rooting, I use the C-Sys of the housing parts. All is going well, but afterword's in the manufacture drawing I have the correct table with the 2 wires, and another table with the 2 housings. This is OK. But I wish to have also the 4 crimp contacts. 

How can I put this parts in?

The crimp contacts can be done with 100% geometry, but better is if these should be just a empty parts.

Are there some ideas for this?

Thank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
5 REPLIES 5
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:PI_6131154)

Hi,

We add the crimp contacts into the drawing tables by adding the "TERM_NAME" parameter for each connector (see attached terminator_added_to_cbln_prms.JPG). In this example I edited the TERM_NAME for two connectors. New crimp names are Other_crimp_name and Some_crimp_name.

After this we use the following report parameters on our drawing tables (terminator_tables_in_drawing.JPG)

&harn.term.name
&harn.run.cond.from.term.name
&harn.run.cond.to.term.name

You can add extra info to the terminator via the "Logical Data -> Terminators -> Edit" (Description, Manufacturer). For the crimp quantities table we use parameters...

&harn.term.name
&harn.term.qty
&harn.term.MANUFACTURER
&harn.term.MANUFACTURER_CATALOG
&harn.term.DESCRIPTION

Currently we do not use any empty parts for the crimps on our model tree since our subcontractor uses only the drawing information to create the harnesses. 

Br, 

Lars

Hi Lars!

Many, many thanks for your solution!

I will try it immediately!

Greetings!

Plamen

www.pi-engineering.at

Hi Lars!

I have spend many hours on this topic without successes. Your advices are for sure very good, but not enough. 

I have never saw so crazy  workfow. 

I can unterstand the way to define the contacts. 

Can you please write the way step by step? More better is to make a video.

The problem is, that the point "PINS" go to be enabled after 

1. adding of the parameter "PIN_NAME"

2. fill the name

3. close the menu

4 .open the manu

This is pretty crazzy. 

Than is the point "PINS" enabled.

And...again start to adding parameters.. and so on and so on. Which parameters are obligated to be added?

After I put "TERM_NAME" (however this mean),  and set name "XXX" and "YYY" there is problem I show in the attached picture.

Is is really very hard to unterstand that is happend. 

Should you please make a Video!

Thank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:PI_6131154)

Hi,

I won't make any videos since our corporate policy will not allow installing any capture software on our company PC... Actually I might be able to capture screen using the Teams application... But that would take too long time.

Anyway the problem might be that you need to first create the terminator before using it. There must be "Terminator id xx" item on your model tree for the terminators to work. Each crimp type will have its own terminator ID.

I always use schematic to create cables and it seems that the schematic import automatically creates the terminators. You can create the crimp terminators with the "Logical Data - > Terminators -> Create" or Logical Data - > Terminators -> Read". The terminator file is just a small text file containing the crimp information  (sample sshl-002t-p0_2.trm included on the zip-file).

If you are using Creo 4 or newer you can check the attached sample design also.

Br Lars

Hi Lars!

Many thanks for the explanations! Really, many thanks!

One step more is done. But ....no chance!

So I do not use at the moment schematics. This will be the next, but first I wish to learn the work with cabling.

So I have fond how to generate the terminators. But this do no change anything.

I still have the same errors. I have done all like you, but no chance. Also I have done flat drawing of your model. The terminators are not in the list.

Can you offer me short Ms Teams conversation?

Greeting from Austria!

www.pi-engineering.at
Top Tags