cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can I export a list of coordinate pairs from a sketch?

rarnold
1-Newbie

Can I export a list of coordinate pairs from a sketch?

I've created a sketch of a simple rectangular xsec with a fillet in one corner. I've placed points along the fillet as well as the other corners and would like to export those points to a file (.xlsx, .txt, .csv, etc.)  for use in another application. Is this possible? Any workarounds?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:rarnold)

Robert,

You may try exposting the file as IGES with Datum Curve and Points and later import that in Creo and export to PTS. As:

1. Export file as IGES

2. Check only Datum Curve and Points

3. Change the extension of exported file as .ibl.

4. Create new part and import the points from IBl using, Point ? Offset Coordinate System > Select CSYS > Import > Slect the IBl file

5. With in Datum point dialog use Save and save as new file

6. Exported file will have X, Y and Z, now saved file can open in text

Top Tags