cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can fillet radius be the same as the thickness of material?

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Can fillet radius be the same as the thickness of material?

I am sketching AND extrusion. The problem I have is that Creo doesn't allow me to make the radius of the fillet the same as the thickness (0.125). See screenshot. This is bizzare. To go around that I have to draw an ARC.

Is there any way around it? And how do you deal with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:pvn)

Instead of the construction line, just constrain the arc center to the nearby surface/sketch entity. This will also eliminate the need for the tangent constraint.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The problem is that you are eliminating the end line when the radius is equal to the part thickness and the softwrae cannot handle that condition. You can do a .124 radius on the ,125 thickness, but not .125. If you really need the .125, then skecthing the arc is the only method.

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you!

Makes sense. I used the ark. Shame that fillet in sketch can't be used. Works on other software.

Other option I was concidering to add fillet later to the extrusion. But in case of the sweep, fillet doesn't apply continuously.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Something like this may work... or a feature relation to make the radius equal to the thickness.

sketch_fillet.PNG

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thank you. That can be done as well. Good to have options.

I like to keep sketches clean with good ballance between constrains and dimensions. So I'd be able to figure out what's what later on when design gets complicated 🙂

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Instead of the construction line, just constrain the arc center to the nearby surface/sketch entity. This will also eliminate the need for the tangent constraint.

Top Tags