cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can not remove an unused model from drawing in CREO 3.0

rbhosale-7
1-Newbie

Can not remove an unused model from drawing in CREO 3.0

I have been trying to remove model from drawing but message I get is 'can not delete model with views using it'. I ensured to remove all views related to the model,

6 REPLIES 6

Rohit,

You have already checked for views still check for views which might be out from print area. To troubleshoot this, take a backup of drawing and try removing all views or sheets to check what is causing this.

Also, make sure there are no erased views.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

The drawing tree can be useful for locating out-of-border views, or erased-from-this-sheet views.  Use the Resume View command to find any erased views that do not have an associated sheet.

If all of this does not find your view, one possibility is that the view is question is 'partially deleted'.  This is a bug, since fixed, that allowed a workflow where deleting a view but still having the deletion available for Undo (and so the view isn't 'really' deleted yet) had the Undo stack cleared without finalizing the deletion.  To test for this, set the hidden config 'fix_draw_partial_del_bug yes' and retrieve the drawing.  If there is any partial deletion in your drawing, there will be a dialog explaining what was cleaned up.  Details may be found in article CS38939.

Unbelievable. This problem still persists in Creo 9. I've been an unhappy Creo user for about a year, and the lack of modernization and user friendliness never ceases to amaze me. Thanks PTC! I love your products. I'm continuing to work hard to convince my company to switch to another platform.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rbhosale-7)

Make sure there are no hidden references to the part.

Hi,

you can test DTL option update_drawing  all ... see attachment.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags