cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can sweep protrusion stop at surface?

ptc-267878
1-Newbie

Can sweep protrusion stop at surface?

wildfire 4

I created a sweep protrusion (as seen in attached image) and would like it to stop at a surface. Right now, it just passes through the surface and stops when it has reached the end of its trajectory. If you have suggestions, please let me know.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

You could copy a surface of the protrusion and use it to either merge or trim the sweep surface. It adds two features , the copy and the trim or merge, but it would give you the result you're looking for.

Tim

Can you stop your trajectory at the surface with a relation or parameter?

and then the "merge ends" option may work

Bob Frindt
Sr. Designer
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Parker Aerospace
Gas Turbine Fuel Systems Division
8940 Tyler Boulevard
Mentor, OH 44060 USA
direct (440) 266-2359

Create it as a sweep surface, then merge it to the surface you want it
to stop at.

Here is a quick video on my new Youtube Channel that shows one of many methods of doing this.

Hope it helps

http://youtu.be/d4ZAQQW-Pn8?hd=1

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags