cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can't Print From CREO Schematics 2.0

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Can't Print From CREO Schematics 2.0

We are setting up CREO 2.0 M020 Schematics.
We have gotten to the place that we want to print out our schematic. When I hit
the OK from the Print screen, all that happens is the Print box closes and I do
not get my windows printer or anything. I cannot even do a print preview. Has
anyone else seen this? Is there a fix for this? My consultant has the same
build and Print works just fine on their computer.

Thank you,

Brian Toussaint

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:BrianToussaint)

Does your consultant have meeting software so they can run your computer and look at things. That has really helped us.

Without that ability, my next suggestion is to make a word document with ALL your steps and screen captures of every window that you edit. When I am doing this for instructions, I use windows built in capture routine to paste the screen into paint, then circle anything I change in red.

I use a word document with two columns, one for the text and one for screen shots that show the results.

You might have to show them your printer installation. I just click on Win in the printer selection so that it brings up the list of windows printers.

My consultant is here and it is baffling to them also.

When we select win and hit OK, it just disappears, we do not get a box to select the printer.

Brian Toussaint
Systems Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:BrianToussaint)

We have schematics installed at G:\engApps\Creo\Schematics1\Creo 2.0\Schematics
We are using 2.0 M020

That is a networked drive that is used for all of our engineering software.
We also have Windchill 10.2 and the Workgroup Manager installed.

Our printers are in all sorts of places with our IS group setting up the installation but Schematics brings up the dialog to go to any of the installed printers.

One thing - a wild chance - Could your printer window be popping up behind Schematics. I had that happen with other software that I had full screen. I had to shrink the program window and move it out of the way before telling it to print.

Hi Brian,

When you press OK in the Creo Schematics Print dialog it launches another program 'windriver.exe' that should be in this location: G:\engApps\Creo\Schematics1\Creo 2.0\Schematics\i486_nt\creoschematics\bin. I suggest ensuring that the file is there. If it is there, have a look in the Processes list in Task Manager to ensure that when you press ok the application starts. You should see a window in the Taskbar marked 'Print' - as Bill said, that may be coming up behind the main window (or on a second screen?).

If it doesn't start, I suggest checking that your default printer is available. If it's not reachable that may prevent the Print dialog from coming up.

Also, does the Preview option work? That launches another program 'preview.exe' but I believe it also relies on the availability of the default printer. You can print from the preview option as well so it's a good test that the printer's working.

Regards,

Martin

I finally got a response from tech support. Seems that the
space in my path, D:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Schematics, is what caused the issue.
Once I removed the space, then it was good to go.

Thank you,

Brian

Top Tags