cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can't find the GD&T symbol CF (Continuous Feature) in CREO 2.0

jvantassel
1-Newbie

Can't find the GD&T symbol CF (Continuous Feature) in CREO 2.0

Hello All,

Anyone been able to find the GD&T symbol CF (Continuous Feature) in CREO 2.0?

Thanks,

Jim

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
jmayer
4-Participant
(To:jvantassel)

We created a custom symbol where I work. Couldn't find it in the software.

Thanks Jason. I will contact PTC and ask that they update their software.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

You can submit a product suggestion. That way people can vote on it here. The more votes, the better chance of implimentation.

egifford
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

There is a Product Idea open for this. I tried linking to it but the link doesn't work. Just search for ASME Y14.5-2009 and you'll find it. Vote it up.

Until PTC implements it (c'mon PTC, it's 2013) you'll have to create symbols for things like the <CF> callout.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:egifford)

egifford
4-Participant

Here is a zip file containing symbols I made to allow us to go to the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard next month.

I'm sharing these with the usual "use at your own risk / don't blame me or my employer" type statement. If anyone has any tweaks / suggestions to make these better feel free to provide feedback. Maybe we can help each other make the current releases compliant-ish to the 2009 spec until PTC gets around to it.

The problem is there is more to the 2009 spec, such as composite position callouts that go beyond two lines. This post could be a way to share how people are doing drawings to ASME Y14.5-2009 when the software isn't there yet.

Erik

Top Tags