cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't route cable between two branches

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Can't route cable between two branches

First, let me start by saying that I am new to Cabling and have only been using it for about a week. I am trying to route wires to and from a connector as shown in the image below. I have no issue routing along path A, but I can't figure out how to make it route along path B. My assumption is that it can't make the transition between the two branches because they are both tangent to the main branch (where path A begins). I looked through the help file and found a reference for fixing this issue by creating a "T-branch", but I have found no other references anywhere online for making this "T-branch".

I am sure this is a simple issue, so I would appreciate it if someone could get me pointed in the right direction.

TractorGuy_0-1630592302297.png

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:TractorGuy)

In my opinion you just need to add a single network path segment to your existing network. Your image shows no "smooth" network for Path B. Always check that the network is continuous after adding segments ("check_continuity.jpg").

As an example I Have several images.

- If you check the image "w5_fails.jpg" you can see that the wire W5 from J3 to J2 fails because the the network goes smoothly only to J1.

- But if I add a network segment (image "add_segment_to_network.jpg") then the wire W5 routes also without any problems (all_routes_ok.jpg).

You can also route wires manually by selecting
"simple route" and then using the "location" command to manually route the wire through any path you want.

Br Lars

Top Tags