cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't save a drawing with an image. Failed to save an OLE object

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Can't save a drawing with an image. Failed to save an OLE object

Sometimes our users have to add an image to a drawing. No problem. However, when they go to save the drawing they get the below error message. This happens with PDF's, BMP's, JPEG', and TIFF's. Probably others. These are only the ones I tested.

Failed to save OLD.jpg

I checked PTC's site and they have a couple documents on this. Document - CS103788. According to this document a registry entry can be added to the computer.

MaximumAllowedAllocationSize

On a test computer I have I checked before adding this entry if I get the same error and I did. Then I added it to the test computer and it does seem to have corrected the problem. I don't get the error when I save the drawing. I checked the drawing in and checked the published views. The image does not publish but that issue might be for the Windchill group. I opened the drawing on my primary computer. The image doesn’t show and when I select the area where the image should be Creo highlights the outline of the image.

I made a change to something other than the image to the drawing on my primary computer and saved it but don’t check it in. Creo allowed me to save it without that error.

Then I go back to that test computer and open the modified drawing. Again, the image highlights the edges but the image is not there. Lastly I deleted the blank image and added it again on that test computer. It displays the image again and it let me save without giving me the error.

Has anyone used this registry entry or have you found a different solution? Assuming that registry entry would fix the publishing issue I can't imagine my IT manager will allow this on the publishing computer. Not only that but it would have to be pushed out to all our Creo user's computers.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

By the way...I am on Creo 2 builds M110 through M150.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Someone here just asked about that. One user mentioned the same problem about not being able to get it back once checked in. Our standard procedure has been to do those types of drawings in autocad.

It's new today so our CadAdmin is looking in to it right now. If we have a resolution, I will update you.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:StephenW)

Interesting. I would definitely like to hear any updates you have.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I guess nobody else has run into this or have used the registry entry.

Top Tags