cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Can the surface of the model retain the colour after draft check

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

Can the surface of the model retain the colour after draft check

Once I have done draft check, will the colour remain permenently on the model surface, even after we get out of draft check option.

Kindly give the solution.@

14 REPLIES 14

I have seen some bugs in this regard with Creo 2.0. Are you wanting the colors to remain or do you not want the color to remain?

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thanks for the response. I want the colour to remain on the model as colour which we give on model surafces.

Analysis surfaces are a special "overlay". This is similar as the curvature where you can save the analysis color but it not a appearance color.

I think it would be great if we can convert the overlay to a texture image.

I did confirm that you can indeed save the draft analysis and therefore it can be shown while working with the model. However, it is not an appearance feature.

With a little manipulation, and with the nature of normal draft features, you could save an image of the tool pull direction and apply it as a texture. It would take some manipulation but it is possible. Of course, it would not update when the geometry is updated.

I had a similar need with an stress analysis plot. In that case I was able to export the file and it actually created different surfaces that maintained the colors.

This is an image of how to simulate the appearance. I captured the image from the screen top down. Saved it as a .PNG file and applied that to a new render appearance. Then, with the model set to top-down, edited the model appearance to be planer which orients to the current screen by default. then you have to set it to "single" and adjust the scale to fit the part correctly. If you prepare the image, make it square. this will aid in mapping it correctly.

And yes, this part has a variable radius along the top so the mapping is correct.

captured_draft_analysis.PNG

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for the help.

But we need to keep the surface coloured depending upon the draft so that we could communicate the model beter to the customers.

Right, what I did was to capture the draft analysis in an image. I then textured the part with the image. This is the non-realtime method.

If you are trying to show a customer real time draft data, just save the analysis and call it up anytime you need it.

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

I know I can save it and call it up anytime. But the reason we need it is we have different customers and they are not well verse with pro-e and are from different groups like engineering, marketing, manufacturing.

If you are not sharing the Pro|E model, you cannot share the analysis appearance in either method.

Please be more specific in your intention.

Again, analysis appearance is not a texture. Applied appearance textures do not export to different file formats.

Not much I can do about that. We typically suggest work-arounds for things that are not part of the software.

In order to provide the best solution, we need good input from you regarding the use case.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

I guess he's looking for something like this:

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:Jose_Costa)

THanks for the videos. Solid Works video posted by Jose Costa is actually what I wanted. Do we have the same feature in Pro-E?

Okay, we are now back so simply applying the custom texture.

No. The Solidworks plugin does the same thing that was suggested and applies the color as a non-parametric color decal to the model. It doesn't represent a live slope analysis.

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:Jose_Costa)

Dear Jose,

Can you share the second video again.

Regards,

Top Tags