cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can toolbar icon from extension be copied into base seat of Creo

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Can toolbar icon from extension be copied into base seat of Creo

There is one specific command that I would like to have copied on my toolbar.  This command is found in the Pro-Mold extension and I'd like to copy this into the base seat of Creo.

The icon I would like to copy over would be the Silhouette command.  I never use the Pro-Mold assembly style template because it adds complexity and time to our process.

If the silhouette command was available in part mode it would greatly simplify our process of getting a good profile without having to go back and forth between interfaces.

I know this is possible to do because we have received a Creo part model that has a true silhouette operation within it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cprice
6-Contributor
(To:pimm)

Here is what you need to create the silhouette curve on a part - it is a UDF.

Please see attached

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cprice
6-Contributor

Here is what you need to create the silhouette curve on a part - it is a UDF.

Please see attached

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:cprice)

Charles:  I have no idea how you did this but appears that this works perfectly.  Thanks a lot for sharing this!

This would be the 1st time that I've ever did anything with a UDF.

I guess one question that I would have is where would you save an UDF?  This didn't work until I placed it inside my Working Directory.  Would there be an intelligent location of UDF files?  Can you set a retrieve path?

This is very helpful, thanks again!

cprice
6-Contributor

You need to set a path in your config.pro (and also create a folder to keep your UDFs

This little gem came from my past life - we had a person that did quite a few mold designs and he came up with this.

Regards,

Charlie Price

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:cprice)

Excellent!

I'm really glad I asked.

Thanks again for your help!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags