cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can you use influencing curves with Swept Blend

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Can you use influencing curves with Swept Blend

I am trying to duplicate our customer's geometry for use in a preform model.

I'm not that far off with the results but there are some strange swings in the twist that I'm not following too well.

The original model was built in Catia.

I've noticed that there are numerous curves which appear to be applied as influencing curves on Catia's equivalent to Swept Blend.  See Picture Below.

Swept Blend.JPG

Is there any way to add curve influence between sections with a Swept Blend?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:pimm)

Steven,

I really like the information you shared.  I certainly have times when I need Boundary Blends to influence in a way not typical to their framework.

I would however like to stay with a Swept Blend feature.  I am close to being satisfied with what I have.  I may just add a section or 2 to reduce the deviance between sections.  If you can't add influencing curves with a Swept Blend (would like to but apparently this isn't possible) perhaps there is a way to twist drive angles between section edges.

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Steven,

Perhaps going 1 section at a time might work with Boundary Blend but trying this in my present model using multiple sections ends up like spaghetti even using the same placement point on each section.

I do use Boundary Blend sometimes when I need to fill in a section that deviates from what I need.  With some tweaking I might be able to construct the bad stretch using this method but I would prefer staying within one feature with minor tweaks.

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Control points do help.  Boundary Blend does have an incredible amount of tweak-ability.

This time around however I am going to stick with Swept Blend.  I added another section and it has improved the blend enough to go with the results.  I do like Swept Blend and it's stability but it would be nice if it had some of the tweak-ability that Boundary Blend has.

Perhaps some day I might get the chance to see how the blend was created in Catia.  That might help in creating something that would match better.

Top Tags