cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cannot Save Custom Filters in Parameters

DM_10080242
3-Visitor

Cannot Save Custom Filters in Parameters

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.5.0

When you create a custom filter in the Parameters of a model (using the "Filter Parameters" dialog), I can find no way to save the custom filters. Apparently, the custom filters are not saved when the model is saved, because when I close and then open the model later, all the custom filters in the Parameters are gone. The "Filter Parameters" dialog has no "Save" button. I have searched the PTC knowledge base as well as Google, and I can find no instructions on how to save custom filters in Parameters.

Here are the errors that I faced
There are no error messages associated with this inquiry. I just want to save my custom filters in Parameters! If Creo is incapable of saving custom filters in Parameters, then this is something that definitely needs added to Creo.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

use File > Save Configuration As to save rp_config.xml file. Then add line into config.pro - see following example. At the end restart Creo.

parameter_dialog_setup_file E:\users\creo4_parametric\rp_config.xml

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DM_10080242)

Create your custom filter.  From the Parameters window select File/Save Configuration As... and select a location.  Set Configuration parameter_dialog_setup_file to that file (rp_config.xml) by browsing to it in the configuration editor.

kdirth_0-1663676675067.png 

kdirth_1-1663676712021.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Excellent.  Exactly the info I needed.

Hi,

use File > Save Configuration As to save rp_config.xml file. Then add line into config.pro - see following example. At the end restart Creo.

parameter_dialog_setup_file E:\users\creo4_parametric\rp_config.xml

Martin Hanák

Many thanks.  That's exactly what I needed.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags