cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Cannot change K-Factor

ptc-3527690
1-Newbie

Cannot change K-Factor

Hi,

In WF5 sheet metal, when I try to change k-factor or y-factor (Edit>setup>bend allow>...) the k-factor and y-factor are greyed out. Nothing happens when I click on them. The only clickable option is bend table.

According to Help center it should be possible to change k and y-factor this way. Anyone that has seen a solution for this?

/Magnus

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Magnus,

Try to set sheetmetal parameter SMT_UPDATE_BEND_ALLOW_INFO to No.

By default the sheetmetal parameter SMT_UPDATE_BEND_ALLOW_INFO is set to Yes. This means the information is driven by the material definition (the Y factor can be changed within the material definition).

Good Luck

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Magnus,

I just ran into this myself. After some investigation, I found out that sheetmetal parts that are converted from a solid have this issue. So this might be the case for you as well.

A workaround is to change the K-Factor for each bend feature. Tedious, but at least it can be done. It is evidently a software limitation that you can't change it for the whole part.

Magnus,

Try to set sheetmetal parameter SMT_UPDATE_BEND_ALLOW_INFO to No.

By default the sheetmetal parameter SMT_UPDATE_BEND_ALLOW_INFO is set to Yes. This means the information is driven by the material definition (the Y factor can be changed within the material definition).

Good Luck

Thanks for the info, Mahesh, this definitely fixed the issue for me.

-marc

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags