cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot extrude simple Square

ElonMusk
3-Visitor

Cannot extrude simple Square

Hey I have made this square using symmetry and for some reasons Creo doesn't recognize it as a closed loop(but doesn't tell me where) and won't let me extrude it....does anyone know why this is?
I have attached a photo; for some reason I couldn t attach the source file though

5 REPLIES 5

@ElonMusk wrote:

Hey I have made this square using symmetry and for some reasons Creo doesn't recognize it as a closed loop(but doesn't tell me where) and won't let me extrude it....does anyone know why this is?
I have attached a photo; for some reason I couldn t attach the source file though

Hi,

I guess that your section contains overlapping lines.

Note: If you want to upload mypart.prt.1 then I suggest you to pack it into zip file, eg.  mypart.zip and attach this zip file to your reply.

Martin Hanák

Well the problem that Creo doesn't show me any intersecting lines and I don t see how there can be any, as it is such an easy form. I have attached the source file below 😉

@ElonMusk wrote:

Well the problem that Creo doesn't show me any intersecting lines and I don t see how there can be any, as it is such an easy form. I have attached the source file below 😉

Hi,

unfortunatelly I cannot unpack your rar file. Please upload zip file.

Martin Hanák

Alright it should be good now.
Thanks for helping me btw 😉

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ElonMusk)

On something simple, I will typically just delete a line at a time and undo until I find the one that i sketched twice.

Or more likely, I will just delete all of them and resketch. For a rectangle, use the rectangle sketch so you don't accidentally double up a line or the arrow next to the rectangle to get a centered rectangle.

Top Tags