cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cant extrude a sketch when it says feature was done correctly

철박_10230212
4-Participant

Cant extrude a sketch when it says feature was done correctly

 The shapes are highlighted and the features are all checked yet when i extrude it, it says couldnt make a feature is this a bug?

Creo.png

Creo2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

There's definitely a limit on sketch entities (I found it when trying to import an AutoCAD DXF file, but can't remember the number). Also, this kind of sketch is a perfect example of one that will become "unstable" later. I've caused myself a lot of trouble making overly complex sketches in the past and eventually ended up completely redefining the models I did.

Having several simple features is *always* better than trying to pack everything into one feature. Just sorting out the constraints is enough to drive a person mad...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:철박_10230212)

Wow, that is complicated.  Have you considered making one row and then patterning it after the feature has been created?

To troubleshoot stuff like this, Save a copy of the part and then try deleting half the sketch.  If it works you know the problem was in the other half.  Keep removing different areas of the sketch until you figure out where the problem is.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if there is some limit on how much can be contained in a single sketch...

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

There's definitely a limit on sketch entities (I found it when trying to import an AutoCAD DXF file, but can't remember the number). Also, this kind of sketch is a perfect example of one that will become "unstable" later. I've caused myself a lot of trouble making overly complex sketches in the past and eventually ended up completely redefining the models I did.

Having several simple features is *always* better than trying to pack everything into one feature. Just sorting out the constraints is enough to drive a person mad...

Yeah.... i just recreate everyting from scratch but simpler...

What version of Creo are you using?

I agree with Tom, make the sketch simpler and then pattern the results of a simpler extrude. 

There could be a limitation in the number of entities in the sketch to be extruded.

Keep It Simple!!

I'm currently using creo 6 i'll try simplyfying it

I would suggest this is your base feature: 

kdirth_0-1654192173531.png

Pattern it in two directions then add connection feature, with patterns.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

is your model set to relative accuracy?

Hi @철박_10230212 

Your sketch although passing the Sketch Requirement fails to Extrude.
Being not fluent in reading Korean, i assume the second picture is the sketch requirement window that green lights the sketch and despite it, Creo refuses to Extrude. Am I correct?

If yes, what exactly does the error message look like? 

Agreeing with all previous recommendation to simplify too.

철박_10230212
4-Participant
(To:remy)

there were no particular error messages it just says couldnt create a feature

Right.
Do you mind sharing the model?

Top Tags