cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cascading restricted parameters in Creo?

WD_9780048
3-Visitor

Cascading restricted parameters in Creo?

Is it possible to create sub-sets of restricted parameters, so that the first parameter selected from a restricted list defines the restricted list for a second parameter?

An example is tolerance standards for different processes.  Rather than have one long list of ALL tolerance standards (including e.g. die-casting, injection-moulding, sheet metal etc), is it possible to have a restricted list of Processes first, which then defines the second restricted list containing tolerances for the selected process only?

Example in other words:

1. First parameter - choose 'Die Casting' from the list of processes.
  2. Second parameter - choose from a list of standards only applicable to Die Casting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:WD_9780048)

In looking at the documentation for restricted parameters, I have not seen any logic programming to enable that. It is strictly populating a list of values to be assigned against a parameter.

You might be able to set 1 parameter from a restricted list and then use relations to set other parameters based on the one.

I do something like that in family tables for screws and bolts. I have the default thread size and then the head size is set from the relations file that has the standard dimensions called out for each size.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In looking at the documentation for restricted parameters, I have not seen any logic programming to enable that. It is strictly populating a list of values to be assigned against a parameter.

You might be able to set 1 parameter from a restricted list and then use relations to set other parameters based on the one.

I do something like that in family tables for screws and bolts. I have the default thread size and then the head size is set from the relations file that has the standard dimensions called out for each size.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It would be super powerful if something like this existed out-of-the-box, but it does not.  You would have to build your own separate program and user interface.  (VB, J-Link, Toolkit, etc.)

Top Tags