Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Simplified Rep for Already Drawn Views

SOLVED
aderosa
1-Newbie

Change Simplified Rep for Already Drawn Views

Hi guys.

I have a quick question about simplified reps in drawings. I know you can change the simplified representation for new views in the drawing models sidebar, but I need to know if there is a way to change the representation for already created views. I have a part that was drawn as the master rep, but for a long list of reasons, that iteration of the part is now a simplified representation. Is there a way to keep the drawing the same? In other words, can I change all those views from the master rep, to a simplified rep without deleting and redrawing them all?

Best Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:aderosa)

I know your situation well, and I even posted a product idea about it.

I discovered there were others before me that did the same thing.

Now I think these product ideas will be tagged as "current functionality", because it is implemented in Creo 4.0

yep -

Redefine a master rep general view and convert it in a simplified rep view for a PART drawing

And for us still in Creo 2 or 3, we're out of luck...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
psobejko
12-Amethyst

I know your situation well, and I even posted a product idea about it.

I discovered there were others before me that did the same thing.

Now I think these product ideas will be tagged as "current functionality", because it is implemented in Creo 4.0

yep -

Redefine a master rep general view and convert it in a simplified rep view for a PART drawing

And for us still in Creo 2 or 3, we're out of luck...

View solution in original post

Your suggestion is better than starting over; I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the idea!

StephenWilliams
22-Sapphire III

Unfortunately, Unless you are on Creo 4 you can not change the rep in a drawing view for a PART.

My course of action on something like this would be to create a new view with the correct rep and use "MOVE TO VIEW" on the drawing items, dimensions, etc.

Not necessarily quick and easy but better than just starting over.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Ahh I see. Well that's unfortunate for me, but it's nice to know they implemented it more recent products.

mender
5-Regular Member

Depending on what the simpl rep actually does, you might be able to make a family table instance that does the same thing, and replace with that.  But maybe updating to Creo 4 or redoing it is easier.

Announcements