cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Change View Label Details

nhall
11-Garnet

Change View Label Details

Hello,

This is a difficulty I have had with Creo for a long time, I always resort to adding a manual note to look as I want but I was wondering whether what I am trying is actually possible.

I have a detail view but wish to have different layer settings for that particular view (compared to its parent) so changed the detail view type to 'General'. By making this a general view, the view label now defaults to the section view (&xsec_name). The detail view retains its name (C) but when I change the view label to say (&view_name), it just returns to the default &xsec_name.

nhall_0-1701943055211.png

Simple question is; is it possible to create manual notes that are associated with specific views that will pull the relevant information from the view by adding the relevant &_x_ information?

N.B. I am running Creo Parametric version 8.0.7.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pausob
18-Opal
(To:nhall)

I am pretty sure the answer is "no".  Frustrating, but the notes in the Creo drawing package are often "dumb, static things" (definitely "non-parametric")

In this particular case, it is baffling as how the name of a view (parameter VIEW_NAME) is there and the system can use it and generate a draft note with it - but a user cannot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pausob
18-Opal
(To:nhall)

I am pretty sure the answer is "no".  Frustrating, but the notes in the Creo drawing package are often "dumb, static things" (definitely "non-parametric")

In this particular case, it is baffling as how the name of a view (parameter VIEW_NAME) is there and the system can use it and generate a draft note with it - but a user cannot.

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:pausob)

A little ironic for 'Creo Parametric' really haha but thanks for your response, glad to know i haven't been missing something obvious all these years.

Top Tags