cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Change driving surface on sheetmetal part

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Change driving surface on sheetmetal part

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to do this? If I have a fully formed sheetmetal part and I want the driving surface to be on the opposite side from where it is now? Duckduckgo finds a question regarding exactly that in the forum, but for some reason it has been "archived" and I can't read it.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Change-driving-surface-on-sheetmetal-part/td-p/92134

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I clicked MartinHanak_0-1695038331967.png button.

Martin Hanák

Ahhh, didn't know that was a thing. I can read it now, thanks!

Unfortunately there was no reply for my issue. If I have a fully formed part, is it possible to flip the driving surface without having to flip it in the first feature and having everything crash as a consequence?

I suspect the answer is "No, not possible", but I wanted to ask if anyone has any idea.

Hi,

you can use command convert to solid followed by command convert to sheetmetal. Unfortunatelly this sequence will destroy feature history.

Martin Hanák

... reliable solution =  rebuild the model from scratch.

Martin Hanák

Yeah ... I think both of those solutions are equivalent to "not possible", for practical purposes. In this case, the surface can be flipped in the next program that is going to import the files, but with automation and batch processing, in this case, it would mean having to do it manually for dozens of models. So if it could easily be fixed in Creo beforehand, it would have been simpler. But if it can't be done easily, I think the manual method in the next software is still the preferred solution.

Top Tags