cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Change simplified representations by parameter

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

Change simplified representations by parameter

I would like to be able to change the simp rep assigned to parts & sub-assemblies programmatically based on certain conditions. This can by done by allowing a parameter to control the state of component in a simp rep.

Example: I have several simp reps defined in sub-assembly.

This sub-assembly is used in another assembly. I would like to assign a parameter to the component (part or assembly) in the simp rep definition.

By allowing the assignment of a parameter(allow feature & component parameters to be used as well) to the component I can write relations to set the value of the parameter based on whatever conditions I desire.

simp_rep_redefine_drop_down_add.GIF

Each instance of a component needs the ability to assign a different parameter for the simp rep definition.

simp_rep_redefine_parameter.GIF

The value of parameters will equal predefined simp rep names. In the above example I might have the value of PARAMETER1 of FID 4102 equal "DPW70_INBOARD"

This enhancement request could reduce the work required and improve accuracy over manually redefining the simp reps for my users. Please give this request a high level of consideration.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags