cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Changing Default Drawing Font in Creo 2.0

msteis
1-Newbie

Changing Default Drawing Font in Creo 2.0

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I noticed that TT fonts print really nice in Creo View. I'd like to change the default font in my drawing's default text style to a common Windows TT font, but not sure how to do it. I came across a prodiagram.dtl file in my working directory that shows the font options, but I can't change it. Every "browse" or "change" type option is grayed out.

I'm I getting anywhere close to what I need to do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There should be several .dtl files in the <loadpoint>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\<datecode>\text these can be load for different senarios. I believe that the prodetail.dtl is the default for your drawings. There is a config option in there for font. We have our set to Arial.ttf. You will have to save this into your drawing templates/formats.

! These options control text and line fonts

!

default_font Arial

A couple of things to mention. First you will need to point to the windows font folder in your config.pro.

pro_font_dir C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

!!!Sets the default font directory (Pro/Engineer will load all

!!!fonts in this directory into the drawing regardless of the

!!!contents of the system and working directories).

Also there is a bug that is fixed in M060 that reverts everything that is not checked as default back to win_font.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2166926

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There should be several .dtl files in the <loadpoint>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\<datecode>\text these can be load for different senarios. I believe that the prodetail.dtl is the default for your drawings. There is a config option in there for font. We have our set to Arial.ttf. You will have to save this into your drawing templates/formats.

! These options control text and line fonts

!

default_font Arial

A couple of things to mention. First you will need to point to the windows font folder in your config.pro.

pro_font_dir C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

!!!Sets the default font directory (Pro/Engineer will load all

!!!fonts in this directory into the drawing regardless of the

!!!contents of the system and working directories).

Also there is a bug that is fixed in M060 that reverts everything that is not checked as default back to win_font.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2166926

Hope this helps.

Thanks! That worked great. Although the browse buttons were still grayed out in the .dtl file, I was able to just type the font name in and it worked. Thanks again.

Matt

No problem.

Top Tags