cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Changing from third to first angle - and setting as a default

stevei
5-Regular Member

Changing from third to first angle - and setting as a default

HI all,

How do i change the settings so that when i create a new drawing it is in First Angle?

I know how to change it in the 'active drawing' but i want to set it so that it is set as a default when creating a new drawing.

We create new drawings using drawing formats that we have set up.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:stevei)

When creating a new drawing from scratch, a drawing setup file is read from the a location that is designated by the config.pro. In your config.pro, find the option "drawing_setup_file". The option will tell you where your drawing setup file comes from. In a text editor, open the file that is specificed, There is an option in that drawing setup called "projection_type" change THIRD_ANGLE to FIRST_ANGLE. Save the file.

The next "new" drawing you create should be first angle projection. It will not change existing drawings.

If you are using a drawing template to create drawings (not a format), you will need to open the template(s) and change the drawing option in the template and save it.

stevei
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't save the modified .dtl file, but i found another way of doing it.

I modified the 'Detail Options' in Drawing Properties, then saved them as a new .dtl file.

Then i changed the location of the drawing_setup_file to the location of the new .dtl file.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That will work as expected. 

Only potential problem is your company has some standard drawing setup and you are now not using the standard.

stevei
5-Regular Member

This is a new install here and it's been left to me to sort this out, so not a problem.

I'm learning the admin side of it as i go along.

Only two of us using CREO.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Good luck. Ask lots of questions. Lots of us have been though the setup process. 

stevei
5-Regular Member

Thanks.👍

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I am assuming you are not in the United States, as the US standard is Third-angle projection.

Besides changing the formats, you will need to update your drawing templates to use the latest formats (do you have the Projection Symbol on your formats) and so the template files pick up your new .dtl file.

stevei
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm in the UK.

I'm not using templates...just formats.

I've checked all my settings....quit out of CREO...went back in and all is working well.

Top Tags