cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Changing the appearance.dmt file in Creo 8.

LH_9153250
1-Newbie

Changing the appearance.dmt file in Creo 8.

Hi,

I'm trying to update the selection of colors that appear in "My Appearances", and nothing I've done so far seems to work. I've added in the line "pro_colormap_path" into the config and set its path to the folder containing the appearance.dmt file I wish to use, saved config and restarted Creo but this didn't work.

I've changed the "global_appearance_file" path to the folder containing the appearance.dmt file, didn't work.

I've replaced the appearance.dmt file in the programs common files\graphic-library\appearances folder in case it was pulling from here, didn't work.

I have the file named exactly "appearance.dmt" as I read this could be an issue but still nothing.

If anyone has anything else that I could try, please let me know.

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I have no problem in Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0.

My config.pro contains ... pro_colormap_path E:\users\creo8_parametric\myappearance

E:\users\creo8_parametric\myappearance contains 2 uploaded files (appearance.dmt, textura_mh.png).

Inside appearance.dmt there is path color_map E:\users\creo8_parametric\myappearance\textura_mh.png (I entered the path manually).

User color which uses textura_mh.png  is named mh01.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags