cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Checking in from embedded browser with "Models and Viewables"

HTAVAN
3-Visitor

Checking in from embedded browser with "Models and Viewables"

I have a very large assembly that takes long time when I am trying to check in. When I do check in from embedded browser the drawing preview will be not be available. Therefore PDF does not published whenever a change task is completed. Is there any way to check in from embedded browser with "Models and Viewable"?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HTAVAN)

Do you have a secondary publishing process set up from Windchill using CreoView Adapters?

This will publish all files that get checked in background.

Using Models and Viewables when you do a custom Check-In utilizes your active Creo session to do the publishing. If you have the CreoView Adapters set up, just do an Auto Check-In (as long as it is not the initial check-in and the file is in the proper location) and let the publishing take place in background.

Thank you for your reply BenLoosli. I am trying to use "Models and Viewables" in Windchill embedded browser not from Creo. Please see snap shot attached.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Not possible.

That is why you need to set up the CreoView Adapters.

When a file is checked in, either from Creo or from the Embedded browser, the file gets published automatically.

I am not sure if we have "CreoView Adapters". We have Creo View application. Is that the same? If yes, how can I set up to access that option? Thank you 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Your Windchill admin needs to install it on your Windchill server.

It is part of the CreoView package.

Separate download for the adapters from the clients.

Not too hard to setup and configure.

It does require loading a copy of Creo on the Windchill server, or whatever machine you use for the publishing.

Thank you very much for your help @BenLoosli . I will ask admin to do that. 👍

Top Tags