cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Closed corner - Creo 3

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst

Closed corner - Creo 3

Hello Creo's,

I am looking for the answer on how to close the corner as shown in the picture below:

CREO- SHEETMETAL 01.png

thank you,

regards,

Arek

Creo 3 user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ArekTRI)

Select the edge of one of the flanges, then select Extend from the Editing menu.  Define how you want it extended and repeat for second wall.

Annotation 2019-08-13 153240.jpg

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

I think these are two flat walls, if yes.. you may try creating a flange wall with no corner relief .

Or try using Extend option, select edge of one wall > Extend > Select Reference to define TO Location. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Create an additional flange with a .001 flange length on one of the 2 edges. That will close the gap except in the very corner where the 3 blends merge. When they weld the seams, they can fill in the corner gap.

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma & @BenLoosli 

thank you for a quick response.

I now this method you provided and it is quite time-consuming.

I am looking for something more automatic like a command which I can find in different CAD packages.

Regards,

Arek

Creo 3 user
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Select the edge of one of the flanges, then select Extend from the Editing menu.  Define how you want it extended and repeat for second wall.

Annotation 2019-08-13 153240.jpg

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Hi @kdirth 

thank you for the tip. I appreciate that.

The bigger issue is, I have to do extra 4-5 mouse clicks plus using Alt key to achieve what I need.

Regards,

Arek

Creo 3 user
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Sorry, no easy buttons in CREOSmiley Wink  I do not know of any easier way to close the corner gap. 

I do like to use conversion by shell when there are several corners.  The conversion feature does a good job of creating the corner geometry.

Top Tags