cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Co-axial cable

SK_7045410
1-Newbie

Co-axial cable

I am using Creo Parametric 3.0 M170

I need to know how to identify and how to create the co-axial cable in Creo cabling module and reply as soon as possible.

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:SK_7045410)

Hi,

I'm not sure what your goal is but here is my 2 cents on the matter...

1. Since we mostly use standard cables on our designs we model the coaxial by using a single spool with the correct coax cable thickness and connectors. This is the "STANDARD_COAX.PRT" on the attached image. It this example we might be able to use the TE Connectivity 2015357-4 (200mm) standard cable on our bom (in this case you could name the part on the design also as "te_2015357-4.prt").

1. In some special cases we use coaxial cable in point to point connections. Then we create a coaxial spool with the correct parameters. In this example the "CUSTOM_COAX.PRT" is a Alpha Wire 9174 BK005 spool that connects from Molex SPOX to PCB-pins. The shield connection (copper color) is not very clear and our subcontractor usually asks how the shield should be soldered/crimped...

Br,

Lars

Top Tags