cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CoCreate Files

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

CoCreate Files

Does anyone out there also use CoCreate?

Would you be able to send me any simple files?

Need to see to what extent they open in Creo/Parametric 2.0 or Creo
Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0?

Looking for file types of "PKG" & "PK2"

Regards,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I work work with a client who has everything in CoCreate 13. I also use the free Elements 4.

Know that the PK2 is not compatible with released versions of CoCreate and from what I can tell, will not open in Creo 2.0 either. This is the feature that makes it an eval app.

As for opening Pkg and bundle files in Creo 2.0, it works fine as long as you remember to install the -optional- interlink module, which seems silly to me where this is not installed by default.

The files do open with and they do have a special link to the original format. The link is easy to break if you choose to but interoperability has been considered.

Since all my files are client files, I cannot share them. For the most part, just consider them as imported models with some special hooks.

You cannot open session files and drawing compatibility (.mi)is absolutely horrid. The idea is that the flexibility in Creo Elements Direct (CoCreate) will easily let you re-associate your drawing to any parametric modeler changes you made. With the compatibility links between the two platforms, this should also hold true if you sustain the drawings in Creo 2.0.

If you have a more specific working relation you would like to discuss, please explain the scenario you are considering with the two platforms.

Top Tags