cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Color of surfaces with STEP output issue

cpoirier
7-Bedrock

Color of surfaces with STEP output issue

Hello All,

I have used an inheritance feature to bring in a casting model and then made the part color blue and all solid surfaces gray. (thanks for the help in doing this) This allows others to see easily what is machined, as when I add cuts to the model they are blue.

I have two config options set for the format and to export the color. But I get an entirely blue import when I test. Likewise if I change one surface without using all solid surfaces that one surface imports with the proper color I assigned. Seems like the step export ignores the appearance applied to all solid surfaces. Is this a hard coded problem or is there some way to get it to work?

Tanks in advance,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
erine
12-Amethyst
(To:cpoirier)

When you Save a copy, after selecting STEP from the dropdown, "Options..." will be clickable.  Open that up, click "advanced" and make sure the option "Appearance, layers and groups" is on.  "ap214_is" has it on by default.

config option:

STEP_EXPORT_FORMAT ap214_is

Creo 4.0 / M060
jsmith-10-11-124
5-Regular Member
(To:cpoirier)

In Creo 4, the color winds up being exported to the back surface of the part, which doesn't help when you are assigning colors to specific surfaces and not just the whole part. The solution is to assign colors to the surfaces, then assign a transparent color to the whole part.

Top Tags