cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Column Model/Rep

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Column Model/Rep

Greetings,

I am now on Creo 6.0.

Using Repeat region/Column Rep for bom has never functioned as I thought it should since it was introduced a long time ago.

This where you have an assembly and have varying configurations. Like xxx-1, xxx-2, etc. There would be columns added to qty bom. In each qty you can use Repeat region/Column Rep to assign a model to each column and output its own qtys. The bom would section off each "-" (dash) number. You specifiy, no duplicates in Repeat region/attributes. It combines as attached. Works great. However...you can not show balloons. For discussion below let's consider this the "main" bom.

Our work around:

Do same as described above. Add -1 view. Add another bom. Show balloons for new bom on -1. Fix all rows to match main bom. Repeat for -2. Optional: Fix all rows of main bom.

Now if there is new design activity, add, subtracting items, this all runs into issues. In my case I unfixed the boms and repeated steps above. So, it works, but it requires finesse.

I attempted to test, if in 6.0 Column Model/Rep was improved. I was disappointed. Unless, perhaps I am missing something. Or is it really still half baked? Anyone work with multiple assembly configuration boms?

Wayne

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags