cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Combine parts in bom

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Combine parts in bom

All,

This might be a bit odd. I have an assembly. It is a vendor part. I imported it. It has parts that are actually the same part number, but the model name came in it's own name. I need to make a repair kit drawing. I don't want to go nuts changing out parts. I figured if I made the parts have identical parameters it would bring them together as one model and be a quantity of 2. In the past I've actually seen this happen and it was not intentional. I killed relations in bom to see if they had any bearing on the outcome. No. 

Is there a way I can make this happen?

Please see attached.

WayneF

Creo4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:wfalco)

@wfalco 

You may try excluding one item using filter and change quantity by relation and display with other instance in table. ....  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@wfalco 

You may try excluding one item using filter and change quantity by relation and display with other instance in table. ....  

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If I understand correctly you have 2 different file names but they have the same parameters that are showing in your repeat region and you want to combine them.

Options include:

1. Replacing one with the other in the assembly model

2. Excluding one from the repeat region and use the Assemble -> Package functionality in the assembly to bump the QTY up one for the other

3. Muck around with the relations as @Mahesh_Sharma suggested

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I ended up fixing the assembly to have same model for each particular component. Relations worked in BOM. But balloons gave me greif. Thanks all! Wayne

Top Tags