cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Combining drawing files

Clipper_captain
6-Contributor

Combining drawing files

Greetings all.

I have a situation where a series of parts and assemblies were designed and given individual part numbers and their own drawings. These subparts and subassemblies then go into a purchased part and are listed on a chart on the purchased part drawing. The issue is that we now want to combine all these parts and subassemblies drawings onto one purchase part drawing. Short of opening the purchase part drawing, adding the required sheets and redrawing every part and subassembly, does anyone know a way to combine these separate drawings into one large drawing?

I appreciate any assistance with this matter. Thank you all for your time and have a good day.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can import a drawing in to another drawing. In Creo 2, in the drawing you want everything in, in the LAYOUT tab, go to INSERT drop down arrow, and select IMPORT DRAWING/DATA then select the drawing you want to add the current one.

If it is a multisheet drawing, it just adds it as the next sheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can import a drawing in to another drawing. In Creo 2, in the drawing you want everything in, in the LAYOUT tab, go to INSERT drop down arrow, and select IMPORT DRAWING/DATA then select the drawing you want to add the current one.

If it is a multisheet drawing, it just adds it as the next sheet.

That is worth deleting my reply Any limitations, Stephen?

Thank you Stephen, this works great for what I need.

The only issue I ran across was that the drawings need to be the same units; i.e. inches or mm.

Thanks again and have a good one.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Clipper_captain)

SmartAssembly (3rd party product from Sigmaxim) also has a function to merge multiple drawings into one. It's probably just doing the same thing that Stephen mentioned, but it could be looped to merge all the drawings at once.

Top Tags