cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Complete truck restructure for serviceablilty

zkeefe
1-Newbie

Complete truck restructure for serviceablilty

I am looking to restructure a truck assembly in creo 3.0 for serviceability.  The truck designers have it structured in a way that is different than we would like it serviced. To fix it, I will need to create a bunch of new assemblies with smaller assemblies within. These assemblies will be structured based on how the parts come off of the truck (if that makes sense). Does anyone know the steps that need to be taken to do this? And if geometric constrains will be broken if this is done? I need the parts to keep the location even if the parent/child relationship is broken. thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:zkeefe)

Are you using Windchill/PDMLink for your part structuring?

If you restructure within Creo only, you will lose some links and have to create more.

Do you really need that or just a BOM structure with your own subassemblies?

Look into using MPMLink to give you a manufacturing/serviceability view of the BOM structure that is different than the eBOM of engineering.

Thanks for the reply Ben! I am using creo only (my part database is through smarteam which doesnt match well with creo).  I was planning on making the subassemblies as I restructure the truck - then export the BOM as I do not have the subassemblies created yet.  I need to have my BOM match the model so when performing maintenance tasks I am able to look at which screws/nuts/washers...I am taking off.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:zkeefe)

There is a "module" in creo called Pro Process that is specifically developed to create service manuals, parts manual, assembly process manual, etc. It uses the existing engineering assembly models and then allows the user to create steps or sequences or ???. This doesn't actually change the original assembly models.

It's been years since I have used it so I'm not much help on that front but it may be more of what you are want rather than completely rebuilding models to suit your needs.

Look up pro/process for assembly

Top Tags