cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Component changes orientation from preview

scott_rockwell
5-Regular Member

Component changes orientation from preview

I have been having difficulty with the component placement during assembly. 

Here is a simple example:

Assemble an additional component to an existing assembly, in the case a simple bracket.

Mate 2 surfaces, insert a pin into a hole and the SHOW COMPONENT IN ASSEMBLY WINDOW view has the component correctly oriented (and I understand that it is only partially constrained).

Select the Done green check mark and presto ... oh wait .... that's not what I wanted, I wanted what was in the preview.  Now I have to go back in a redefine the placement and add the additional constraint.  If it had shown me that while I was in there the first time I could have saved some time.

Why is that?  Seems like a bug in the component assembly routine.

Can any help me (other than saying "fully constrain in the first place)?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I hate when that happens.  I got no solution but I can give you empathy.  And as a wise guy once said, "fully constrain in the first place"

I recommend you disable the "assumptions" that Creo makes for you when partially constraining components.

I also don't want to use these partially constrained components as a type of a "mechanism" substitute.  If it is meant to be dragged, then it should be defined with a proper mechanism connection.

My config.pro:

comp_placement_assumptions no

enable_implied_joints no

Top Tags