cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Conversion drawing files from educational to business Creo license

AC_10466026
3-Visitor

Conversion drawing files from educational to business Creo license

I am converting files from educational to business licence, using EDU_COM_Convert and setting the parameter 'rename_drawings_with_object' to 'both'.

I have an issue with automatic conversion of assemblies and the relative drawings (saved with same filename, different file extension).

I noticed that doing 'Save a Backup', I automatically get all subassemblies and parts but do not obtain drawings, while when doing 'Save a Copy' I get drawings but not all subassemblies.

Is there a way to convert all parts, assemblies and drawings all at once, avoiding manual saving?

Versions in use: version 7 educational, version 9 business.

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AC_10466026)

That conversion is not something that is generally publicly available so I doubt you will get much direct help.

In general, Using save-as backup on a drawing specifically (assembly drawing or part drawing) Creo should save all files to the new folder that are required to open the drawing. You have to do the save as backup on every drawing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AC_10466026)

That conversion is not something that is generally publicly available so I doubt you will get much direct help.

In general, Using save-as backup on a drawing specifically (assembly drawing or part drawing) Creo should save all files to the new folder that are required to open the drawing. You have to do the save as backup on every drawing.

Top Tags